Monday, September 17, 2012

The Bag Lady


I can see myself very quickly turning into what some might call "The Bag Lady." I'm talking re-usable snack & sandwich bags.

I have had my eye on these bad-boys for over a year now but to be honest wasn't quite sure I wanted to spend the money when I was having to buy saran wrap and zip-lock bags anyway for other things. 

But oh my...when I finally took the plunge this summer prepping for back-to-school, once I actually had my hands on my very own collection of said bags? I could not stop looking at them and yes, even touching them over and over. They were so pretty!

[Side note: I am also considered a bit of a "Bag Lady" when it comes to purses, as I love to co-ordinate fun colors with my outfits...so this seems to be sort of a branch-off of that obsession!]


The bold solid colors of the Kanga Sac collection are great as well, but for my first purchase I chose to go with some fun prints from The Sling Sisters variety. The options are endless - patterns for young children [boys, girls and unisex], ones for older kids [such as bicycles, skateboards, big flowers, etc.] and then there are some that are more than suitable for adults [like the prints pictured here from my own personal collection].
Now, so I make my girls [ages almost 7 and almost 9] make their own school lunches and let me tell you, these bags make it extra easy for them to pack their lunches. Last year I was having to often help my youngest one battle with the saran wrap, and many times the amount of saran wrap she had already ripped off the roll was far too much than what was needed for her small sandwich. Talk about waste!!

But with these bags, they just place the sandwich in the bag and zip it up.  Done! Same thing with snacks - like crackers or snap peas or grapes. No fiddling with zip-locks [especially on the no-name cheaper brands with can often be finicky], just place the goods inside and zip it up.

Some of you  may be wondering [as I was] about the size of the sandwich bags. I don't know about your kids, but mine don't take full sandwiches yet. They take a half sandwich which is just a smidge too big to squish into one of the snack bags yet it doesn't nearly fill up the sandwich bag. I was worried that the sandwich would slide all around in the bag and have completely fallen apart by the time lunch came around. But this hasn't been a problem at all. They put the sandwich in the bag and simply fold over the remaining material before placing it in their lunch bags. Easy peasy!

If you're still not convinced, get this: You can use them yourselves too! And I don't mean just for lunches. I'm talking about sticking them in your purse. As someone who has a lot of purses, like I mentioned earlier, I am constantly switching over my load from one purse to the next. Now this task has gotten a lot simpler since I have a sandwich-size bag that I keep all of my toiletries in [lotion, hand sanitizer, deoderant, etc.]. I also use one of the snack-size ones for a few smaller items [like an extra hair tie, a couple of bobby pins and those feminine products]. Not only does it make things simpler to transfer, but it's also so convenient to locate an item now in my purse. No more digging around through everything to find what I'm looking for!

So there you have it. Thoughts from The Bag Lady!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment